About this site

My name is Ian Holmes. A few years ago I discovered the branch of motor sport known as road rally. Along with my wife, Lorrie, we road rally our 2014 Ford Focus in regular road rallies and my 1976 MGB in classic road rallies. In 2015 I took over the co-drivers seat for local rally driver Dan Little. This blog describes my adventures in all forms of rallying.

Monday, April 27, 2015

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

"Sorry to see you've stopped your blog." A fellow competitor said to me at the Escape to Wisconsin Rally over the weekend.
I assured him, that I hadn't, it's just that my situation mean that I hadn't competed and as a result didn't have anything to write about.
Over the past year to eighteen months work had been very busy, with overtime piled on overtime, piled on overtime. I ended up visiting the ER with a stress related breakdown.
This changed a lot of things for me.
I find I don't like Mountain Dew anymore which might not be a bad thing.
Driving in the snow has become quite terrifying for me. The winter here in Minnesota was quite light this year. Even so during one snowstorm the day after Christmas, as we were coming home from the Twin Cities I was curled up in a ball in the passenger sear of the car with a hat pulled down over my eyes trying to shut out the conditions. So winter rallying was out. Will I be able to winter rally again? We'll have to see what happens next year.
Affecting this blog, my creative writing muse deserted me for a long time. I started a couple of blog posts but they never got finished.
But I've got to the end of this post so hopefully things are looking up now.
We love getting out on the road and meeting up with all our friends, So we hope to see you out there sometime soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment