About this site

My name is Ian Holmes. A few years ago I discovered the branch of motor sport known as road rally. Along with my wife, Lorrie, we road rally our 2014 Ford Focus in regular road rallies and my 1976 MGB in classic road rallies. In 2015 I took over the co-drivers seat for local rally driver Dan Little. This blog describes my adventures in all forms of rallying.

Monday, May 18, 2015

Coulee Classic plug

After the Spring Kick Off Rallye on Saturday a cheerful grey bearded fellow thrust some paper into my hand, uttering the phrase. "Take a flyer, take a flyer."
I was a little unsure as to what he meant. Did he want me to "go and take a running jump" (British, informal: a contemptuous expression of dismissal) or something else? 
Then I looked and saw that it was Ed Solstad. Rallymaster of the Coulee Classic, plugging his forthcoming event.

The Coulee Classic flyer. I highly recommend you go.
The Coulee Classic is a great run. Our first ever rally some three years ago was the Coulee Classic. Other commitments have meant that we haven't been able to attend the past two years, so I really do hope we can attend this time.
The scenery down in Wisconsin Coulee country is quite beautiful, the easy to follow instructions do make it a great rally for the beginner. You should probably go. You will have a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment