About this site

My name is Ian Holmes. A few years ago I discovered the branch of motor sport known as road rally. Along with my wife, Lorrie, we road rally our 2014 Ford Focus in regular road rallies and my 1976 MGB in classic road rallies. In 2015 I took over the co-drivers seat for local rally driver Dan Little. This blog describes my adventures in all forms of rallying.

Thursday, August 25, 2016

What a difference a year makes.

Isn't strange the way things turn out?
This time last year I was getting ready to head up to volunteer at the Ojibwe Forests Rally. As a course marshall I was there to keep a wary eye out for people who might get on the course. But mostly I took lots of cool pictures and hung out with great people. This year, I'm on the other side of the fence. In a car, racing on some of the same roads that I worked last year.
Some of the people whom I watched compete last year are now my friends. Good enough friends to help me find a co-drivers seat for Ojibwe when I thought I might not have one. Other friends and fellow competitors have approached me about co-driving in other rallies too. I could be set up for the rest of the year.
From volunteer to competitor in less than a year. It's not strange it's crazy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment