About this site

My name is Ian Holmes. A few years ago I discovered the branch of motor sport known as road rally. Along with my wife, Lorrie, we road rally our 2014 Ford Focus in regular road rallies and my 1976 MGB in classic road rallies. In 2015 I took over the co-drivers seat for local rally driver Dan Little. This blog describes my adventures in all forms of rallying.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

What Road Rally is.

A Road Rally is not a race.

"A Road Rally is an event traversed over a predetermined course on public roads within the legal speed limit. The challenge is to drive over the course, following the instructions given, arriving at checkpoints along the course on time. You score penalty points by arriving late or early at these checkpoints. The entrants who score the lowest number of penalty points are deemed the winners."

Basically it's a leisurely drive though the countryside with a bit of competitive element thrown in. It is one of the oldest forms of motorsport there is, and is a great deal of fun.
This blog will detail my personal adventures in road rally, also allowing other guest writers to share their opinions and stories on this most enjoyable branch of Motorsport.

No comments:

Post a Comment