About this site

My name is Ian Holmes. A few years ago I discovered the branch of motor sport known as road rally. Along with my wife, Lorrie, we road rally our 2014 Ford Focus in regular road rallies and my 1976 MGB in classic road rallies. In 2015 I took over the co-drivers seat for local rally driver Dan Little. This blog describes my adventures in all forms of rallying.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Coming up

This weekend, I will be attending the Lucas Flamethrower Rallye run out of Red Wing, Minnesota. Not as an entrant though. My wife and I will be checkpoint workers. Though I am Rallymaster of the Rum Runner series of Rallies I've never been a volunteer. My wife has had good experience as a timer and though I know how to use the timing clocks, I've never been a control point worker. I'm looking forward to it. In a region like Minnesota it's important to "spread the love around" so to speak, by both working rallies and running in them. It's sad when a Rallye has to be cancelled or modified because of a lack of entrants or control point workers.
So next week you can expect a rally report on the event and a piece about volunteering too.
See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment