About this site

My name is Ian Holmes. A few years ago I discovered the branch of motor sport known as road rally. Along with my wife, Lorrie, we road rally our 2014 Ford Focus in regular road rallies and my 1976 MGB in classic road rallies. In 2015 I took over the co-drivers seat for local rally driver Dan Little. This blog describes my adventures in all forms of rallying.

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Rallye on the internet.

There's plenty of good stuff about road rally out there on the internet. Some sites which inspired me to start blogging about our own road rally exploits. Links are always a good thing to share. Beginners will get something from them all. Experienced road rallyists, please feel free to suggest others.
In my opinion the premiere blog on the internet concerning road rally is Steve Mckelvies blog. Steve is long time road rally navigator with a great interest in Rallying. I've learned a lot from this site.
Dirty cones and checkpoints. This is another site that is very interesting and well written at the beginner level. Sadly the blog ceased having any new material back in October 2012. That fact spurred me on to have a go at this blog. New material notwithstanding the blog is still out there and is still good, relevant read.
Come Road Rally with us is a site covering road rally in the USA. Here you can find many upcoming road rallies listed, with details on where and how to enter. While you're on the site you should sign up for the enewsletter while you're there, to receive even more information.
The SCCA. The Sports car club of America. The sports' governing body, hence a lot of information to be found here. A stop here will help you find out which region you are based in with contact details.
Northumberland Borders Rally. Super website out of the U.K. Lots of hints, tips, and rallying information to be found here. The European nations are, as a rule, way ahead of the US in the world of road rally. So this makes for interesting reading.
Easylarity. Another UK based site. Easylarity is a newcomer based concept and I have adopted some of the Easylarity principles into my Rum Runner Rallies. No-one seems to mind them, so they must be OK.
This is a good start on links for the beginner. I have all these bookmarked in my favourites. There is plenty of useful information to be had there.

No comments:

Post a Comment